Denbigh Summer Carnival FAQs

FAQs about the Carnival

Can I park my vehicle at the Carnival?

If you are a stall holder or entertainer, limited parking is available. If you wish to bring a vehicle, you will need to notify us on your booking and secure a space. Authorised vehicles must be on the field by 9.30am and cannot be moved until 5pm.

Those visiting the Carnival are warned that nearby parking is very limited, so entry on foot or public transport is recommended.  Limited disabled parking is available by booking via our website

How much does it cost to enter the Carnival?

Entry to the Carnival is free!

What will I find on the field?

There will be a wide range of attractions, entertainment and stalls. There will be a variety of refreshments and a fun fair. The motor show will be on too, so loads of vintage and custom vehicles to see.  Our blog and Facebook page will include details of some of the entertainment on offer.

Where is the procession?

The procession is the official start to the Carnival and begins at 11am from Caledfryn – Denbighshire County Council’s offices – on Smithfield Road.  Lead by the Cambria Band, the procession then travels down Smithfield Road, over Lenten Pool, onto the High Street and down Vale Street, before turning briefly onto Ruthin Road and into Park Street.  The roads affected will be closed whilst the procession takes place.

Can I take part in the procession?

Yes! We are taking applications for floats and walking parties now. Have a look at the Summer Carnival Downloads section of the website or get in touch with the committee.

Can I get involved with organising the Carnival?

Yes! We are always looking for volunteers to get involved with the current team, to help plan and run the weekend’s events. Get in touch and we can talk you through what you can help with. You don’t need to have loads of free time – we’re grateful for any assistance!

Can I sponsor or make a donation to the Carnival?

Yes! We are entirely reliant on donations and grants to run the Carnival. Without generous donations, we couldn’t organise the entertainment that is on offer. If you would like to make a donation or sponsor elements of the day, please get in touch with the committee via our Contact Us or Facebook pages.

I’ve got a complaint. What do I do?

We recognise that sometimes things go wrong, so if you have a complaint please get in touch with us via the website and we’ll do our best to fix it or ensure it doesn’t happen again.  If a problem arises on the day, please speak to a member of the committee.  We’re easy to spot in our Carnival Crew t-shirts.

I’d like to have a stall. What do I do?

Stallholders need to complete an application form. Fees are applicable for stalls engaged in commercial activity. Space is limited, so it is vital that you complete an application form to secure your pitch. Access a form from the downloads section of our website or get in touch with the committee.

Can I apply to be the Carnival Queen/Princess/Prince/Rosebud/Petal?

Yes!  Please note that the Carnival Retinue for 2018 has been selected from all the entries received before the Christmas Carnival.

If you would like to put your child’s name down for 2019, you can get in touch with the committee via the website or Facebook page.  Or, you can register after 2018’s summer Carnival.

I’ve been in the procession and want to move my car from the field.  Can I leave early?

Sorry, but all vehicles on the field after the procession must remain in place until 5pm.  If you do not want to stay until the end of the Carnival (when it is safe to move) please do not park on the Carnival field.